Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best Laid Plans

We woke up this morning to the wind blowing the snow down. After a while it turned into big pretty flakes that quickly filled everything in. When we walked to check the mail it was quite beautiful. On the way back to the house though, we were walking into the wind and I ended up with a few giant flakes getting sucked up my nose!
How perfect though! I dressed in my painting clothes and had my husband help me bring the big ladder in. I knew the little ladder wouldn't be big enough to reach to top of the wall at the 11 1/2' ceiling.

First problem: there was no way the big ladder would fit throught the door of the bedroom from the hallway. Problem solved: remove the screen from the window and bring it in from the deck! That worked like a charm.

Second problem: turns out the ladder is 12' long. Too big to fit into the room! Looks like I'll be buying an in-between ladder soon. Maybe tomorrow after my dentist appointment to get a new crown. I'm not really looking forward to that.

Anyway, I avoided working on the office and I made a batch of potstickers. Well, Monday was the Chinese New Year after all!

Yum!

No comments: