Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good News

This morning I had my store manager interview.  It went extremely well, and barring a bad pee test (like that will happen!) or a bad background check (ditto) I should be duly employed by next week!  (I was told it would take 3-4 days to get all the results back.)

I knew that they offered health insurance to their part time and full time employees but I was surprised that it was also offered to temporary employees.  That was exciting.  Also the store manager let me know that the chances were very good that he'd have several full time positions available at the end of this summer time temp spot.

Then this evening I checked my email.  I was notified by the second health insurance company we applied to that I was accepted and coverage would begin June 15th.  (No word on Hubby's app yet as his went in a day or two after mine.)  So now I have to decide if I want to cancel this or keep it and see if I the Home Depot has another option (more pay for no health insurance...).  I guess I'll wait on that until I'm actually at work.

So things are looking up!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yea!!! Good news all around!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news, congratulations!
mt

Anonymous said...

Yee Haw!!! Oh I am so happy, and hope that the people you work with are nice, and you get good hours!!
No poppyseed muffins before the pee test :0)
Patti