Friday, April 4, 2008

A Bird In The Hand

...is torture for the bird dog.

An old friend once swore that if a bird flies against your window then someone you know will die. I don't hold much stock in that old wives tale myself. In fact, when I looked for anything on the subject on the internet answers ranged from you're getting a visit from a friend, good luck, death of a relative, to the more obvious the bird was confused by the reflection of the sky.

In my particular case I think it was a case of the bird mistaking the reflection for the sky and being in a bit of a panic when the bird dog decided to pounce. Fortunately the bird only stunned himself and recovered shortly thereafter and flew away, presumably to a safer locale.

Just in case though, I think I will buy a lotto ticket, tell all my family I love them, and clean the house in case someone visits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I hope I don't die while coming to visit you in celebration of your lotto winnings. ; ) GOOD, that you don't take much stock in old wives tales. You have a highly intelligent, sensible head on your shoulders, as well as a bird in the hand. Great photo.
I LOVE you,

a relative

Anonymous said...

its just the Windex!!!!! Birds hit my windows all the time-when they are clean- and I have LOTS of living relatives!!!