Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day

Happy Earth Day! (Image from http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=4231 )


Yesterday I forgot to mention one other thing that happened on Sunday. I got an email inquiring about the bull calf. I have him listed for sale on one of the Dexter websites. I was suspicious right away, but I answered the email, just in case it was from a legitimate buyer.

You see, several years ago I had put a pony up for sale on the internet and got a response from someone, allegedly in Germany, asking about the pony. They said it sounded like what they were looking for, wanted to send money and something about a third party, yada yada. I knew it was a scam because #1: The third party/sending extra money thing was a scam; #2: For what they would have paid in shipping costs they could have gotten a superb pony in Germany, home of the "German Riding Pony" and all other breeds of magnificent horses of excellent quality; and #3: I'm not stupid. After the one e-mail I discontinued contact and put the sender on my "blocked" list.

Sunday the email correspondence went like this (punctuation and grammar as they wrote it):

THEM: Good Day B----,
I want to know if you still have the bulls available for sale,let me know the health condition and also the price.

Thank you very much.

Ken.

ME: One five month old bull, excellent health, $400.

THEM: Thank you for the update,i will like to know if you can get three of it.

Ken

ME: Three of what? I have one (1) bull calf. Where are you located, Nigeria?


And I haven't heard from them since. Hmmm. I'm guessing they know I'm on to them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv the photo!

Excellent sluething.

I marvel at how far-reaching the Internet is. If conniving Nigerians are reading the listing at the Dexter web sites, so too must legitimate buyers (from anywhere). May one of the legitimate quickly come forth and purchase!

Love you, M



Love, M

Anonymous said...

Oh, you made me laugh out loud!!! This is soo funny! MT