Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tomatoes

The tomatoes are coming! I checked the plants a little closer while watering and I found a few tiny green tomatoes. Before long, I hope to be overrun with beautiful ripe red and tasty tomatoes for salads, sandwiches, and salsa!

The beginning of a Goliath.
Here is a Big Beef.
This one is a first for me. It's a Cupid Grape Tomato. We'll see how it is.
And this is a Heatwave. It did really well last year.

So far so good. I also have a Brandywine, Roma, and another that I seem to have lost the tag to. They are just a little behind the others as far as production goes, but I'm sure they'll be catching up soon.

I'm just sitting here waiting...

2 comments:

Robbyn said...

Oh man, there's nothing like a good homegrown tomato!!

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 28:19
He who works his land will have abundant food,...

Dear Tina. You work that land, girl!


Super Tomaten!