Monday, April 21, 2008

What I Did This Weekend

Honestly, I didn't do much. I managed to catch a cold somehow. I felt it coming on by way of a scratchy throat on Friday evening. By Saturday morning my throat was really raw and my head was starting to get stuffy. I filled up on decongestants and Tylenol and whatever else I had in the cupboard that looked like it might make me feel better.

I ended up staying in bed until 1pm. I felt a little better then and came out of my cave to sit on the sofa and watch old western movies on tv and drink a few toddys. Here is my toddy recipe: either decaf Earl Gray or Constant Comment, 1 fake sugar packet, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/4 lemon, and a glug or two (or maybe 4 or 5) of a good dark rum. One or two of those and you'll be feeling better in no time!

By Sunday my throat was better but my head was still stuffy. But I did feel better so I made some new tomato cages. We had used some of the old cages for the patio. I used the same technique I did before but this time I made the cages 5 feet around instead of 4 1/2.


I had been working on a new mosaic piece and finished it earlier. All I had left to do was seal the grout and polish it up. I think I mentioned before how much I love doing hearts. This one will probably go to my MIL on Mother's Day if she has a place to hang it.


And finally the reason I was late posting today was the baby came over around 7:30 am. She only slept for about an hour, towards the afternoon, and since I'm still not 100% I tried to take a little nap too. And she doesn't like to sit on my lap while I play on the computer. I think she gets bored.

I did have to water the garden so I put her in the Baby Bjorn and plopped her sun hat on and out we went. She did like that. The hat is just a tad big and kept slipping so I had to make sure to keep pulling it back.


And that is all I've done.

3 comments:

Robbyn said...

Looks like you got a LOT done! Hope you keep feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to learn that you were sick, but what a cure! LOL

Little one looks so happy and cute.

HEY! Those are my hearts. All the hearts are mine, mine, MINE, I tell ya.... (okay, I'll share, sigh) Beautiful job, as always!

Love, M

Anonymous said...

The hearts are beautiful! Think about $$$ at art/wine shows!! Siena is too cute! Glad your on the mend! P