Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Fixing" The Dog(s)

It's simply amazing what you can find when you play around with your computer.

Not long ago I was fooling around with my computer and found a program called Photoimpression 5. Apparently it came already loaded on the computer when I bought it and I just never payed it much mind. Probably because I already had the Nikon Picture Project that came with my Nikon camera.

Of course when I discovered the Photoimpression I had to play around with it to see what it could do. Much of it was the same as the Picture Project. But as I kept clicking on this and that button I found the Photoimpression had some features that the Picture Project didn't have.

Right now the thing I'm most excited about is the "cloning" button. Let me tell you why it makes me happy.

Remember this picture I took of Clyde for my little photography class?
It may not be very obvious here, but when the picture is blown up it shows a disturbing viewpoint of something... well, disturbing. Oh, I know it is all natural and all that but that doesn't mean I care to have it looking me straight in the eye, if you get my drift.

You see, I change the desktop picture on my computer quite often. When I get an interesting picture like this I like to post it for a few days. But this photo lasted less than a day on my desktop. I just couldn't handle it.

But when I found the "clone" feature of the Photoimpression program I played around with it and VOILA! I was able to "fix" the problem! Take a look at this picture and see what you think.

Now take another look at the first picture of this post. It's a portrait of the dogs out in the ponds from the "fox (hole) hunt". Of the three dogs, TWO of them had something unacceptable showing. But with my newly discovered cloning feature I was able to fix the problem. I bet if I hadn't told you it wouldn't have been noticed.

Hey, who needs Photoshop anyway!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I love your picture of the 3 dogs together. They are beautiful dogs & very photogenic. What kind of dog is the one in the middle?

Robbyn said...

Great pics! What a great tool...I'm glad to know I'm not the only one distracted by the obvious, lol!

Anonymous said...

Have you told your boys what you are doing to them?
I hope you blow the one of the 3 up, that is frame worthy with or without hoo hoo's!
Patti

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you got all three of them to sit long enough for a foto!
mt

tina f. said...

Hi Carol!

The dogs are from the left: Clyde, a Bracco Italiano (Italian Pointer); Chester, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever; and Gus, a Golden Retriever.

Anonymous said...

Hi! In the one pic of the 3 dogs it looks like you took Clyde's leg off, too. = ) Great tool! I have a tool that will remove zits, too...great for those prom pics. LOL

Love
L