Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mini Cheesecake

As promised I have the recipe now for the mini cheesecake I made earlier. I didn't make a bunch of pictures this time, just a few of the finished product.
Mini Cheesecake

1 C graham cracker crumbs
3 T melted butter
2 T sugar
1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1/4 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 C sour cream
zest of 1 orange
juice of 1 orange

Preheat oven to 350°.

Mix crumbs with butter and 2 T sugar. Press into botom and sides of 2 4" springform pans. Place in fridge while you make cheese mixture.

Mix cream cheese with 1/4 C sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, sour cream, zest, and juice. Mix well. Divide between the springform pans.

Bake in oven for more or less 60 minutes. Don't let the top get too dark. Note: the cakes will puff up in the oven and then collapse as they cool. Let cool (preferably covered, overnight in the fridge).

Use your imagination to fill and serve. The first one I made had fresh fruit and whipped cream. This one I used frozen blueberries and strawberries and cooked them down with sugar, then added some gelatin. I added too much gelatin but the cake part was still good.


No comments: