Thursday, July 5, 2007

Holiday Aftermath

I hope everybody had a great holiday. I, for one, am suffering the consequences. I'm moving a little slowly this morning. We (unfortunately) watched the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. Good thing it was last night and not today, or I would surely not be able to handle it. There is just something really wrong with a contest like that!

Anyway, we had fun here even though it was just the three of us. I spent $50 on fireworks, which is not too bad. It helps to know the profits (at least around here) usually go to good causes, like 4-H, various school organizations, and churches. We bought our fireworks this year from a church down the road. Usually I'll buy from the 4-H stand but they were really busy (they have a great location) and the church stand only had one other customer.

All the animals did great. None of them seemed at all stressed by the commotion, including the dogs.

I had some fun playing with my camera. I put it on different settings to see what would happen. I guess what I should do is watch the CD that came with it!

Since we can only have the "Safe and Sane" fireworks, our little show was quite tame compared to what's available in other parts of the country. But we made do with what we had.

I've never seen these funny little fountains before. They were tiny!

Their show was quite tiny, too!

These things were so bright it hurt to look at them.

AND... The GRAND FINALE! OOOOOOOH!

It's already 107 degrees, so I'm going to make sure the animals are staying as cool as they can, and I will do the same for myself.

Stay cool, everyone!

No comments: