Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm Ready For Close Ups

Lately I've been seeing some neat pictures on other blogs. Pictures that were reportedly taken with a macro lens. That's the kind you use for getting those extreme closeups. It's making me get a macro lens jones.

I tried doing some research on line about different macro lenses, but I came away more confused than ever. Just for background info, when I was a freshman in high school I took photography as one of my electives, thinking it would be fun and an easy "A". Little did I know this "cool" photography teacher was serious about his craft and we had *gasp* real exams! All that f-stop and aperture stuff kind of went over my head.

I ended up with a "D" in that class.

So for now, until my AZ big sis talks to her photog friend with hopefully some suggestions for me, I'll have to make do with what I have. That means getting as close as I can and still being able to focus, then using my "trim" feature, which enlarges the photo, on my camera. The following is what I played with yesterday.

Chester snoozing on the sofa. I'm not sure I really want to get any closer than this!
Very hard to see in this photo...
The closeup reveals a blue dragon fly.
This is on the barn wall next to where I was weeding. What is it with me and the spiders?Now this one isn't too bad, a skipper on a lavender.And it makes a nicer picture up close.
I want to get in really close, like next to microscopic. So you-can-see-the-lenses-on-the-fly's-eyes close.


I was going to say I'll let you know when I get the lens, but I have a feeling you'll be seeing the results eventually!

No comments: