Monday, March 26, 2012

New Stuff

I tried to make a post on Saturday but my photo memory card decided to stop working. Actually the little "lock" switch broke. Luckily I didn't have anything real important on there. So here's what I was going to post.

I went into Redmond on Saturday to do some furniture shopping. I stopped at the little store where we got the mattresses when my friend from Bakersfield came up with me when I had gone down to get the horses, before our furniture in storage was delivered. I thought I would be getting my club chair(s) from Target since they had a special (buy one, get the other for 50% off) and they were inexpensive to boot. But I thought on the way I'd swing by the Redmond store first.

I had a few items I wanted to get. A club chair, a side table, a lamp, and a bed frame for our bed which has been on the floor since we brought it here from Roseburg. The former frame had a bent metal leg which finally broke off.

So off I went by myself while hubby did some work around the house. I walked into the store and almost immediately saw what I had pictured in my mind. And it was a clearance, last of it's kind item, more than 1/2 off the original price. It was just a little more than what I would have paid for the two chairs at Target, but this one was more substantial and really more of what I had in mind. I immediately put my dibs on that.

About then the owner came over and I told her I wanted that chair. Then I told her I wanted a side table. She took me to look at a couple and almost right away I saw the one I wanted but it had a note on it to "hold for XX". I asked if there was another and the owner told me that actually this particular one was available because the person who it was on hold for had just said she wasn't going to take it after all. So it was mine! Next she took me around the see the lamps and again, almost immediately I saw the one I wanted. The bed frame was a simple deal. She had what I wanted out of the box so I got it for a pretty good discount.

Here's the chair, table, and lamp in our house. I think it looks great, and I couldn't be happier!
Afterwards I went ahead in to Bend to the Target because I wanted to get a few CD's and books. By now you've probably heard of the "Hunger Games" movie. My sister told me she read all the books and loved them so that's what I was after. I found the books and two of the cd's, then went to Best Buy in the same shopping center and got the other cd's I was looking for.

Once I got home we unpacked the furniture and I was so happy, until I took a closer look at the books and realized I bought two of the same book! What threw me was that the covers were different. I guess I should have paid more attention.

The next day I put one of my new cd's in the car and headed back to Target (about a 30 minute drive). They took the book back, I got the right one, then went to Best Buy to get a new memory card. I put one of the other new cd's in on the way home and now I am a happy camper again!

Today Hubby and I spent the day cleaning up for our guests who are expected tomorrow. He did outside and I did inside. I even washed the dogs!

All I can say is we should have more visitors. That seems to be the only way the house gets a good cleaning!

A few touch ups here and there tomorrow and then we get to relax and have fun with our friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More visitors? That can be arranged : )
Your furniture looks nice- isn't it great when you get what you want?
MT

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a blast with your friends, and I can only imagine some yummy food too!!
That chair is beautiful, and guessing a better quality then Target too.
Hope your weather cooperates and you can get outside a bit too.
Patti
**Let me know what you think of the Hunger Games, I was going to get it for my Kindle**