Monday, December 26, 2011

Crooked River Drive

On Christmas Day we all piled into the car to take a little drive down the Crooked River from Prineville to the Prineville Reservoir. I took a lot of pictures so I'll post them over the next three or four days.

One of the first things we saw was a bald eagle. It's hard to tell in this picture but that's what it was.
There are a lot of interesting rock formations.
There are little caves and covered outcroppings everywhere.
Along the way is the very impressive and huge Quail Valley Ranch.
This is the giant indoor arena where they have Angus cattle auctions.
This is their very impressive barn.
It's bigger than our house and shop put together.
This part of the ranch is less than two miles from our house as the crow flies over the buttes. If they have another auction I'd sure like to go. Not that I would be able to afford anything but I'd love to see the place and be a looky-loo!

More tomorrow!

No comments: