As I mentioned yesterday, the HVAC guy came today to check out the heating unit. Turns out we weren't crazy after all; the unit had a bad thermostat. He thoroughly checked everything, gave us some advice, fixed what needed fixing, and 1 1/2 hours and less than $100 later we had proper heat!
I didn't do anything in the second guest room so that is still the same.
The weather has been really nice but freezing at night. I'm getting antsy to build a shelter for the bull before it gets really bad. After all, the horses have their snuggly blankets but the bull doesn't.
The first thing I did was make sure the place where I wanted to build the structure wasn't all bedrock. I dug down about 20 inches where two of the corners of the three sided structure will be and it was all dirt. That was good.
Then I went into town to a local lumber company and spoke to one of the clerks there. I told her what I wanted to do and that I basically had my plan made out but I didn't know how to do the roof. I want to make a three sided 12' X 12' single stall with a "shed roof". That is a single plane covering the structure that is higher on one end than the other.
The girl took out a notebook and we started sketching plans and writing down the materials I might need. After we had everything done she gave me the papers and informed me that they do free delivery. Tomorrow I'm going to go over the list and call in my order!